How to Pray the Rosary
The purpose of the Rosary is to help keep in memory certain events and mysteries in the history of our religion and to thank God for them. There are twenty mysteries reflected upon the Rosary, and these are divided into the five Joyful Mysteries, the five Luminous Mysteries, the five Sorrowful Mysteries, and the five Glorious Mysteries. As advised by Pope St. John Paul the Great, the Joyful Mysteries are said on Monday and Saturday, the Luminous Mysteries on Thursday, the Sorrowful Mysteries on Tuesday and Friday, and the Glorious Mysteries on Wednesday and Sunday. Sundays during the Christmas season we pray the Joyful Mysteries and on Sundays during Lent we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries.
1. The Annunciation of Gabriel to the Virgin Mary
2. The Visitation of Virgin Mary to Elizabeth
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation of Our Lord in the Temple at Jerusalem
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple at Jerusalem
1. The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden of Gethsemane
2. Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar
3. Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns
4. Our Lord Carries the Cross to Calvary
5. The Crucifixion of Our Lord
1. The Resurrection of Our Lord
2. The Ascension of Our Lord into Heaven
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit on the Virgin Mary and the Apostles at Pentecost
4. The Assumption of the Virgin Mary into Heaven
5. The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth
1. The Baptism of Our Lord in the Jordan
2. The Wedding Feast at Cana
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of Heaven
4. The Transfiguration of Our Lord
5. The Institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper
Our Father, Who art in heaven Hallowed be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary, full of grace. Our Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Gory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
After each decade say the following prayer requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary at Fatima: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who have most need of your mercy."
Hail, Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! Our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve, to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley, of tears. Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb Jesus; O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.